February 21, 2007

The Black Political Establishment Looks Out for Number 1

Two Black S.C. Senators Say Democrats Are Doomed if Obama Wins Primary

I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. Remember when I said either jealousy or avarice would be the issue for the black establishment in supporting Obama? Well, here it is. It is practically unfathomable to me that black male political leaders would actually open their mouths to make these statements. They have already opened themselves to the charge of being Hillary's house slaves (that headline has already appeared).

I just wish the establishment would make up its mind. First, Obama is not "black" enough to run, and now he is too "black" to win. Its just about whats good for them, not about black america. Obama's chances are just as good as Hillary's considering that half the country hates her guts.