July 20, 2009

A Prayer for Bowe Bergdahl

Almighty God and Heavenly Father, Lord of Creation and Master of the Universe,

I lift up to you Lord our brother in Christ Pfc. Bowe Bergdahl, who has been taken hostage in Afghanistan. Lord, first and foremost I pray you will place your hand of protection over him and shield his body from harm and his mind from despair and fear. I pray Lord that you will give him a spirit of calm even as he is held in the enemy's camp.

Lord I pray that you will bring comfort to his family at this time and that they will be able to look to you with confidence and remember the many times you brought your people out of terrible circumstances, that you are no respecter of persons and what you have done for others you will do for them.

Lastly, Father, I pray that you will bring about the speedy escape or rescue of Bowe and his return to his family. I pray Lord that you will move upon the heart of the people of that region to give information to American forces of his location. I pray Lord that you will remove all enemies from his path and that your hand will guide the military forces of the United States directly to him. I ask you Lord to open an opportunity for Bowe to escape his captors and that no weapon will prevail against him nor any enemy force withstand his advance or prevent his return alive and safe to his homeland.

I give thanks now as though it is already done, and ask it of you in the mighty, matchless name of your Son, Jesus Christ.

Amen