February 24, 2009

Obama Derangement Syndrome (ODS) - Rick Santelli: Patient Zero

Rick Santelli on the G. Gordon Liddy radio show 2/23/09 (click the link to hear it):

SANTELLI: He started that press conference saying, “I don’t know where he lives, I don’t know where his house is.” This is the Press Secretary of the White House. Is that the kind of thing we want? Is that —

LIDDY: It’s a veiled threat.

SANTELLI: It really is. […] I don’t really want to be a spokesman, but I really am very proud of a) the response I’m getting, which is overwhelmingly positive, and b) discourse, that is debate. That if the pressure and the heat I’m taking from the White House – the fact my kids are nervous to go to school – I can take that, okay.

What Press Secretary Gibbs said:

GIBBS: I’ve watched Mr. Santelli on cable the past 24 hours or so. I’m not entirely sure where Mr. Santelli lives or in what house he lives but the American people are struggling every day to meet their mortgages, stay in their jobs, pay their bills, send their kids to school

Santelli and those who facilitate and promote this sort of hyperbole should be rewarded with all the scorn, derision and ridicule such behavior deserves.