July 23, 2010

An Apology To Our Readers

I discovered, to my utter horror today, that I've not paid enough attention to the workings of the very awesome Intense Debate comment system I installed.  ID is a great system, but today I'm wishing it had more of a nag function.  I discovered today that I had old comments on blog posts that were embargoed awaiting moderator approval.  That wasn't so bad, there were only two comments. But I was totally dismayed to find that the ID spam filter had caught over 15 comments on various blog posts from as far back as 65 weeks ago.  Those comments never got posted because I didn't realize I should be taking a look at the spam filter regularly. 

There were some thoughtful comments in there and a compliment or two from fellow bloggers like the earnest Afrocity.  All of that great engagement with our readers I missed and I'm greatly chagrined.  So my apologies to all those who took the time to comment and never saw their comments appear.  I've approved all of them and I intend to go back through them all and respond to them as well.  From here on out, I promise to pay much closer attention to the ID moderation and spam filters.